The Center for HOPE will be hosting the 9th annual New York State Missing Persons Day in Albany on April 11, 2010. They are pleased to announce that Ed Smart will be joining the for the occasion.

Ed Smart is the father of Elizabeth Smart, who was abducted on June 5th , 2002, and miraculously rescued nine months later. Through the loss and return of his daughter, he passionately sought the passage of the "Amber Alert," for the protection and rescue of other children. For the benefit of all children, he lobbied Congress and the Senate tirelessly to prevent further abductions and to rescue missing children.
-
I met up with Lyall's once again in Wisconsin at the end of February -- they gifted me with their latest deck of cards.

NEW YORK STATE PLAYING CARDS
The Playing Card Program: Missing Persons, Unsolved Homicide Victims and Fugitives from Justice. A partnership with DA Murphy and the Lyalls.

I'm hoping to have something special in place for the Lyall's before the event on April 11th. I'll be working on a small project with former NCMA CEO - Kym Pasqualini.

I met Kym for the first time - face to face - at the same Wisconsin event. We decided to look at ways to help each other continue to make a difference. We saw an obvious opportunity to boost the NY event along. So we shook hands and rolled up our sleeves.

We'll fill you in soon on what we're up to -- and how it's going.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is great - awesome that Ed Smart will be there! Good to see Kym continuing to positively impact others in the Missing Persons field as well.

Great things happen when we all unite ... what's that quote again? Something about a whisper becoming a lion's roar ... I may have to look it up again ... ;)
Todd..This is great..Maybe I can attend as I live in Newburgh..about 90miles south of Albany.I'll see what I can do.I'd love to meet you in person!!..ALWAYS...johnny
I hope to get to be there again this year. Not sure they will let me out of my cage to attend. I already have several trips lined up before mid year. But if I do get to go -- I'll let you know in advance.
That would be so great, John! Keep us updated!
Although I live now in far away Milo, Maine, I do plan on attending the New York State's Missing Person's Rememberance Day along with my husband. Freddies other sister, Janet, is too ill to attend the Rememberance service. My baby brother, Frederick Andrew Holmes, is missing from Grahamsville, NY, (1955) less than 100 miles from Albany.

Marianna Boncek, also originally from Grahamsville, NY is writing a book about the Missing In New York. Marianna has informed me of this service on April 11. Although a sad service to attend, I absolutely need to be Freddie's voice. What if he is looking for us, his sibs?

Thank you, Todd for posting this for others to view!!!
The playing cards are a super idea. Thanks for posting on this event.

RSS

About

Sara Huizenga created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Denise mom to 'Charles Horvath' shared a profile on Twitter
4 hours ago
Denise mom to 'Charles Horvath' shared their group on Twitter
4 hours ago
Anna Sofia Wennerholm posted photos
Jul 23
Jul 21
Gwen Johnson promoted jerdonna's profile
Jul 19
Jul 19
Larry B. Simpson posted a status
"The Official Unsolved Mysteries - feature Lacey Gaines Murder http://unsolved.com/videos/145"
Jul 19
Larry B. Simpson updated their profile
Jul 19
Melissa McShane updated their profile
Jul 8
DeDe posted a status
"JULY 9 1 999 KIMBERLY ANN CLARK LANGWELL VANISHED from BEAUMONT,TEXAS without a trace..JULY 12,2014 PRAYER & CANDLEIGHT VIGIL"
Jul 7
DeDe posted a photo
Jul 7
Jun 23
Jun 18
Jun 17
Jun 16