Have you ever received any backlash for your involvement in missing persons awareness?

What is the nature of this "backlash," and does it make any sense?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’d love to see you get involved in Peace4 the Missing - Your participation is most welcomed and encouraged!

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I almost was killed by bullshit, literately. A truck tanker full of manure. The truck came head-on to my car and tried to ram me. Yes, a friend of the murder's. He came so close to me I had to practically drive in the ditch. His truck tire marks crossed my tire marks. I'm not kidding, inches. I turned around and chased him down. He stopped at his delivery site, the murder's dad's. The driver got out and said, "Hey Babe! Nice day! I missed you by at least a foot." I took a picture of the truck and went back and took pics of the tire tracks.

Hi People:  I generally get a great deal of support from local and state LE but the FBI normally just dismisses me with a holier-than-thou arrogance.  The way that the FBI has "spoken down" to me is an unfortunate reaction ( or "backlash").  Jack

I have no doubt in the role the devil plays in this backlash ...

Sara, you are more then Kind....xoxoxo

I have not had backlash really.  Just one instance where I specifically sent money to an organization to help fund a trip for a specific person with a missing family member.  Before I sent the money this org knew that I wanted the funds to go directly to support this person so that it wouldn't take from other people who needed help.  It was my gift to a specific person.  After a week, I emailed to make sure this person received the funds.  What was replied to me was so incredibly unprofessional.  The person I intended the money for was exposed in a more personal way than ever should have been shown to me.  These people tore her apart.  Then proceeded to tear me apart for supporting her.  Not only did their response hurt me they put a bad taste in my mouth regarding organizations period.  I severed all contact with them but still receive press releases and stuff by accident through my email.  It reopens the pain each time. 

Yes... When my friend went  missing it was not a real Search & Rescue set up not even 24 hours  ?? The LE locals did not search his truck for evidence,was told by Local LE just to disregard it was not  evidence when contacted, warning me to back off & seek ,help  because the missing person did not know me ?? It was all a strange investigation , other friends of the missing & me did more of a search then  local LE, we searched the area homes, farmground ect for three weeks & asked ?? the law never did this.. I still feel something is wrong here,no family identified the body they found, the sheriff station called me & asked if I knew his dentist?? then called me 15 min later & said they did not need it. I still feel there is more to it, and get hushed & scorned when I question things, his family members from out of state , & myself all got autopsy reports they were all 3 different ?? These were all requested at different times. I still seek answer to him missing..My kids and me still ache of the loss of our dear friend & still here his words ," I am sorry about what , is going to happen ,we just got to close   have to go" You will understand in time.. 

RSS

About

Sara Huizenga created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Glenda Staten updated their profile
yesterday
Denise mom to 'Charles Horvath' shared a profile on Twitter
Jul 31
Denise mom to 'Charles Horvath' shared their group on Twitter
Jul 31
Anna Sofia Wennerholm posted photos
Jul 23
Jul 21
Gwen Johnson promoted jerdonna's profile
Jul 19
Jul 19
Larry B. Simpson posted a status
"The Official Unsolved Mysteries - feature Lacey Gaines Murder http://unsolved.com/videos/145"
Jul 19
Larry B. Simpson updated their profile
Jul 19
Melissa McShane updated their profile
Jul 8
DeDe posted a status
"JULY 9 1 999 KIMBERLY ANN CLARK LANGWELL VANISHED from BEAUMONT,TEXAS without a trace..JULY 12,2014 PRAYER & CANDLEIGHT VIGIL"
Jul 7
DeDe posted a photo
Jul 7
Jun 23
Jun 18
Jun 17
Jun 16