- Missing person's information
- Detailed description
- Internet or telephone book
- Locate all the telephone numbers to the hospitals in the surrounding area of where the missing person lives or was last seen. You
can do this with a telephone book (Yellow Pages) or by looking on the Internet.
- Start down the list of numbers and call every hospital on the list.
- Ask if the hospital has anyone who did not have identification if the missing person is not listed as a patient. These
people are called John or Jane Doe.
- Ask to be directed to the hospital unit that the person is located if the hospital does have an unidentified person.
- Ask for the head nurse once you are transferred. Give a detailed description of your missing person and ask her to check to see
if the John or Jane Doe resembles this description.
- Go to the hospital with a picture of your missing loved one to have someone compare the photo to the person in their care if the
head nurse thinks there is a resemblance.
- Continue down the list of hospitals and repeat the steps with each hospital.