I happened upon this 911 call and the first thing that struck me was how calm this young mother of two, also nine months pregnant with her 4th child. The father of her unborn daughter had made threats on her life. Fact is, she called 911 and then obviously decided not to follow through and hung up.

Shortly thereafter, the 911 operator phoned her back. Click the link to hear the conversation. She is EXTREMELY calm and almost "flippant" about the threat made on her life. This saddens me tremendously. I cannot help but feel she has been a victim of this man's abuse for so long that she has become desensitized to the threats.

Please do not let what happened to her...happen to you.
..if you are being threatened. Take those threats SERIOUSLY. This had a horrible outcome. He indeed did come to her grandmothers home, where she was staying, and killed her, her unborn daughter, and himself. My heart and prayers to the children and family she left behind.

Caller phones 911 and hangs up. (decided not to call)

911 call back: Listen to calm victim

911 call: Police were just here
Shortly after 2:25 a.m., on July 10, 2009, North Tryon Division officers responded to a communicating a threat call at Ms. Caldwell’s apartment. When officers arrived on scene, they met Ms. Caldwell, who told them that she had received a threatening phone call from Mr. Phifer and that he was on the way to her apartment.

911 call: He's kicking in the door
Shortly after officer’s arrival, Ms. Caldwell pointed out a vehicle in which Mr. Phifer was known to travel in leaving the parking lot. The officers continued their investigation by conducting a traffic stop a short distance away on that vehicle. Officers identified the occupants of the vehicle and found that Mr. Phifer was not inside the vehicle.

While officers continued their investigation at the traffic stop, 911 received another call from the complex that Mr. Phifer had kicked in the door to Ms. Caldwells’ apartment. Officers returned to the apartment where they were met by residents who stated that they heard multiple gunshots coming from inside the apartment. Officers made entry and found Ms. Caldwell and Mr. Phifer deceased inside the apartment.

July 10, 2009

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Homicide Detectives are currently conducting a homicide investigation at 7129 Barrington Drive Apt. B, in the North Tryon Division. The victim has been identified as Yumeka Caldwell, DOB 10-31-1987. Antonio Phifer, DOB 07-21-1983, was also found deceased inside the apartment. At this time it is believed that Mr. Phifer shot Ms. Caldwell then took his own life.

Shortly after 2:25 a.m., on July 10, 2009, North Tryon Division officers responded to a communicating a threat call at Ms. Caldwell’s apartment. When officers arrived on scene, they met Ms. Caldwell, who told them that she had received a threatening phone call from Mr. Phifer and that he was on the way to her apartment. Shortly after officer’s arrival, Ms. Caldwell pointed out a vehicle in which Mr. Phifer was known to travel in leaving the parking lot. The officers continued their investigation by conducting a traffic stop a short distance away on that vehicle. Officers identified the occupants of the vehicle and found that Mr. Phifer was not inside the vehicle.

While officers continued their investigation at the traffic stop, 911 received another call from the complex that Mr. Phifer had kicked in the door to Ms. Caldwells’ apartment. Officers returned to the apartment where they were met by residents who stated that they heard multiple gunshots coming from inside the apartment. Officers made entry and found Ms. Caldwell and Mr. Phifer deceased inside the apartment.

Detectives with the Homicide Unit are conducting a canvass of the neighborhood. Crime Scene Search is on scene as well, photographing the scene and collecting physical evidence. Representatives with the Mobile Crisis Team and CDCP are on scene as well, offering their services.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a homicide detective. Detective J. Kelly is the lead detective assigned to the case. In addition, you may also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

OBITUARY:

Yumeka Niesha Caldwell and Baby Girl A'Siya Caldwell
Ms. Caldwell, 21, and her infant daughter, both of Charlotte, died July 10, 2009. Funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday at God House of Holy, 2348 Keller Avenue, and Beatties Ford Road, Oversear George Henderson, Jr. officiating. Burial will be beside her sister at Oaklawn Cemetery. Family will receive friends at the church from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Surviving Ms. Caldwell and A'Siya, are Ms. Caldwell's sons, Quay'vion Caldwell and Damarion Caldwell, her daughter, A'Quiesha Phifer, mother, Sabrina Caldwell, father, Larry Alexander, sisters, Moesha Caldwell and Moshay Herriott, grandfather, Joe L. Robinson and grandmother, Carrie J. Caldwell, all of Charlotte, NC.
House of Rosadale-W.L. Truesdale Memorial Funeral Parlor, Inc., is assisting the family.

CLICK ORIGINAL LINK HERE:

posted by http://www.lostnmissing.com

Tags: Caldwell, Yumeka, abused, threats, victims, violence

Views: 215

Replies to This Discussion

Cindy..this is such a heart breaking story !! The poor children left behind with out any parents !! I know it was GOD'S plan but it should'nt have to be.No woman should ever have to be put in a situation like that.I wish women would just listen to us..sometimes I get so frustrated and depressed when I hear or read something like this !! Thank you for keeping the message out there..hopefully someone here who's in that situation or who knows someone who is will benifit.With Much Love and BIG HUGS...ALWAYS....john
I'm not sure I believe it was "God's plan", John. I think certainly God's angels came to her side at the time of the killing, but as for "planned"...I don't think God makes plans to have people die in violent deaths. Which is why it is wrong to kill. We, as humans, don't have the right to intervene in God's plans. However, I do understand what you mean. My hopes and prayers are always that angels will come to their side at the moment of death to take away any pain and to carry them forward. As for the monster who killed, and was a gang member of the Bloods from news accounts, I can only say that he is in the highest court ever possible and I have faith that he will be judged accordingly.
And men. Let's not forget that there are men also who have wicked wives who have made threats and end up hiring someone or following through themselves. We can't forget the men who also are in similar situations. Some feel just as compelled to not leave due to "the children" in the marriage that they don't want to leave behind...or don't want to "cause trouble' and try to take the children....and/or forgive spouses who are in need of serious help for their anger or psychological needs. Men need to be just as aware of abuse. Fact is, men are more likely to not come forward before a woman because he's a man. I just hope anyone in a situation can realistically see that threats on anyone's life should never be taken lightly.
LaVanda, thank you for posting the seriousness of EVERY threat of death or violence.

If you are in this situation, think for yourself. Never listen to the things you many have been told in the past. You are emotional, you take things too serious, you're crazy, and never EVER believe the lie that no one will believe you. Instead, believe in yourself and all that is good in you.

If you are in this situation, tell yourself no more free get out of jail cards. Send him to jail, and while he sits there brewing, RUN as far as you can to safety and gain knowledge about the ways of violence. There is a life lesson one learns when they take action to protect their life. For me that lesson was "I only have today to change the road I am driving." You can't bank on "Next Time".
Yes. I agree, 100%. I've been lucky to never be in any situation in which I've had to endure any type of violence, however...when I read this "story" while researching a missing loved one...it totally floored me on how calm the victim was on the phone. The mere fact that she had the guts to pick up the phone and attempt to call 911...and then something had her decide to hang up. Naturally, the operators called her back. So I got to thinking? Why did she not follow through with the call herself? Perhaps she needed to put her children into a safe zone first? Yet...she was so calm. Absolutely so calm. I then assumed this young mom must have seen a lot of violence...or had a lot of fear of what could transpire should she have him arrested...and that is what had me post the full entire story here. It was a no win situation for this mother. She was doomed if she didn't, and doomed when she did. The best advice I could ever give anyone in a situation in which they EVER receive a threat is to call the police and ask the police to please remove you and your children from the home and take you to a safe zone. Even just for a night for you to plan some kind of hidaway if the perp is not yet behind bars. This was just so tragic. My heart aches for this young mom and naturally for her children left behind and family. A tragedy that should never have happened.

RSS

About

Sara Huizenga created this Ning Network.

Latest Activity

Glenda Staten updated their profile
Aug 26
Denise mom to 'Charles Horvath' shared a profile on Twitter
Jul 31
Denise mom to 'Charles Horvath' shared their group on Twitter
Jul 31
Anna Sofia Wennerholm posted photos
Jul 23
Jul 21
Gwen Johnson promoted jerdonna's profile
Jul 19
Jul 19
Larry B. Simpson posted a status
"The Official Unsolved Mysteries - feature Lacey Gaines Murder http://unsolved.com/videos/145"
Jul 19
Larry B. Simpson updated their profile
Jul 19
Melissa McShane updated their profile
Jul 8
DeDe posted a status
"JULY 9 1 999 KIMBERLY ANN CLARK LANGWELL VANISHED from BEAUMONT,TEXAS without a trace..JULY 12,2014 PRAYER & CANDLEIGHT VIGIL"
Jul 7
DeDe posted a photo
Jul 7
Jun 23
Jun 18
Jun 17
Jun 16