WHY MEN STAY
I get what I want...
I get to tell other people what to do...
I get to control the money...
I get to make the rules...
I get waited on...
* It's Good to be the Dictator
* Violence Works
* No One Knows
* My Neighbors Still Like Me
* Cases Get Dismissed
* Not Held Accountable
* Not Properly Charged
* No EPO or Protective Order Issued
* Low Bond
* It's the Victim's Fault (SHE should leave) (or return)
* Community Does Not Condemn Violence
* It's my responsibility as a man to make and enforce family rules.
* If I leave, I'll be put to the trouble of breaking in a new woman.
or in the military:
~commands protect me
~good for my career (not bad)
~can always continue to keep my housing (after all I am the service member)
~will never be served a protective order
~not good for the outlook of the command so not being served a
military protective order will be a little secret between me and the command
~will not have to provide any support money to my spouse, spouse or child
with the absence of a court order (we all know court orders take time)
~when a court order is issued, I am safe on base and the command
does not like to get into personal affairs...
~abuse..."yeah right"....who is going to believe her?
* It's *My* House
* Free Sex/Housework on demand
* Her Salary is Convenient
* Only Way to Keep My Kids
* No One Walks Out on Me and Makes Me Look Like a Chump
* I Made Her What She Is Today
* I Can't Handle the Kids
and of course
*I Wuv Her
Link to blog