I totally understand what you are going through. My son who had a history with drugs went missing about the same as Kelli. I live in Oregon and he was down in the California/Arizona area. It took 3 years but I found him so there can be…"
"I understand your frustration with the police. When my son was missing, because he was an adult, their cooperation was not as fully invested as I would have hoped. They did, however, provide certain information that I was very grateful for. As for…"
"I bet that is some story how you tracked your son down....I'm going to have to read the book! The story of your search has probably given many of the families a different look at ways to search.
As far as this site I'll try and give you…"
"Thank you Maureen. Before I talk about my son I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me navigate this site. I'm not sure how this all works and how everyone works on helping find the missing. So.....help. :-) As for my son he was…"
Welcome. So glad you were able to find your son safely. People who have experienced having a loved ones missing are the best to reach out and help others. I'm sure you will help many! If you would like to share the story of your son…"
Which Peace4 Team would you most like to participate in?
Are you involved with other organizations (please include link if applicable) relating to Missing Persons and Domestic Violence...and if so, please share a bit about here...
I'm not involved with any other organizations at the time. I just found out that these types or organizations existed on the internet.
What brought you to Peace4? What are you most hoping to accomplish here?
My son was missing for 3 years. I found him, but not without all the wonderful people who helped me. I want to help others as well. I feel fortunate I have my son and feel so deeply for those who have lost theirs.
How did you hear about Peace4?
Do you have a Missing Loved One? If Yes, please include their name, location missing, etc. (If not, simply answer No)
I haven't been observing. I really know nothing about how all this works. I just would like to somehow get involved.
Positive Suggestions/Ways you may be able to improve/contribute to Peace4?
I'm really not sure how to answer. I don't know how all this works on the internet and all. I only know that once I learn how the process works I will contribute my mind and heart.
In order for us to properly process your request to become a Peace4 member please answer all questions as thoroughly as possible so we completely understand why you would like to become a Peace4 member. Do you understand? Yes or No
Comment Wall (4 comments)
You need to be a member of PEACE4 THE MISSING to add comments!
I bet that is some story how you tracked your son down....I'm going to have to read the book! The story of your search has probably given many of the families a different look at ways to search.
As far as this site I'll try and give you some pointers:
1. The home page is where current Blog Posts and Forums take place. There are just some slight differences between the two. For me the biggest is that one will let you upload files and one will not. You are allowed to start a new discussion in either of those areas .... just look for the Start Discussion Link located at the bottom of both the Blog Post and the Forum. The Forum I believe lets you see and reply to comments in a more threaded conversation.
2. If you haven't see "Settings" located on your "My Page" that is where you can control security...there's a list of different things you can turn on or off.
3. The Groups" section is where like topics go to keep them in one spot. You are welcome to start a Group but please make sure a Group hasn't already been started on your topic.
4. You can browse through the Member's pages unless they have a security setting restricctng their page to "Friends" only. You can request Friendships by going to the Member page you want to Friend and clicking on "Add as a Friend" link.
5. You can compose private messages to other members by clicking on Inbox on your "My Page." Unlike other forum sites on this site your Inbox is totally confidential, no one, no adminstrators can see what you write. However we do ask that people not be marketing or try and pull the family members from this site. If we find out that is going on .... and we will find out ... then we will ban that member. Members are welcome to let us know if someone is bothering them and we will assess the situation. We don't allow members to cause addional hell to our families on here....this is a safe haven for them.
6. Your "My Page" is just that your page you can design it how you want.
Welcome. So glad you were able to find your son safely. People who have experienced having a loved ones missing are the best to reach out and help others. I'm sure you will help many! If you would like to share the story of your son being missing you are welcome to or if you would prefer not to share the story that is fine too.